How to: Combining 16x16 bmp images into one bmp image

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Sun Jun 3 22:54:00 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to image processing, and don't even know where to start. But here's
what I'd like to do:

I have several existing (around 25-30) 16x16 bmp color images that I would
like to combine into a new bmp file,

where I'd put the images in horizontal format - one line, one directly after
the other.

So that the second image would start at position 17, third image would be
placed at position 33, etc.

Is Rev able to do this? And if so, how would I write the script?

Pseudo code:

-read path and filename of each image, referenced in multiple rows in a
database table

-as each row is read, check for existence of file, then put image into a
variable

-read next row, somehow concatenate that image to the variable referenced
above

-after all records are read, save file in bmp format to user defined path
and filename.

TIA,

Mark