OT: Quicktime Bundling

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 2 15:30:46 EDT 2007

Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> VLC beats Quicktime in almost every regard, as far as I am concerned.
> Additionally, one could make an external with libvlc, eliminating the
> need for a third party install:
> http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/
> group__libvlc.html
>
> One caveat is that an external with libvlc would need to be open
> sourced under the GPL, if I'm not misstaken. But VLC runs on more OSes
> then Rev itself, and could probably be an ideal companion:
> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It seems to offer an impressive array of functionality, but in my
initial glance through the site it wasn't clear it if handled:

- VR (scrolling panoramas with definable nodes and spatial callbacks)

- Selections (being able to visually show selections of any time-based
   media in the controller, with of course ways to obtain and set the
   selection).

Do you know offhand if VLC covers either of these?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation