OT: Quicktime Bundling

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Jun 2 04:38:20 EDT 2007

Hi Scott,

I have had the same problem some years ago and asked Apple France at
this time: they answered 'No. Sorry'.
'Sorry' because I knew them well ;-)
Then I was obliged to run a test at startUp using QTVersion() and a
link to the right 'QuickTime for Windows' download page...

Le 2 juin 07 à 07:22, Scott Kane a écrit :

> This is a little bit off topic, but related to a Rev app I've been
> building. As the app is multi-media it uses Quick Time
> extensively.  My issue lays with potential Windows users and
> QuickTime.  Many Windows users do not have it (or Itunes)
> installed.  Which would be a major PITA.  I've hunted around
> Apples' site but can't find a solution - so before emailing them I
> thought I'd ask to see if anybody knew here.  Is it legal for me to
> bundle QuickTime on a CD for those clients who do not have it and
> therefore help them avoid the almost 20 meg download?  I seem to
> remember Apple frowned on this - though I can't seem to find
> anything on it right now.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.