OT: Quicktime Bundling

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Sat Jun 2 01:22:03 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

This is a little bit off topic, but related to a Rev app I've been building.
As the app is multi-media it uses Quick Time extensively.  My issue lays
with potential Windows users and QuickTime.  Many Windows users do not have
it (or Itunes) installed.  Which would be a major PITA.  I've hunted around
Apples' site but can't find a solution - so before emailing them I thought
I'd ask to see if anybody knew here.  Is it legal for me to bundle QuickTime
on a CD for those clients who do not have it and therefore help them avoid
the almost 20 meg download?  I seem to remember Apple frowned on this -
though I can't seem to find anything on it right now.

On another note - Linux and QuickTime.  Are there any options for a Rev
solution using QuickTime to be compiled for Linux and use one of the
QuickTime replacements like "QuickTime for Linux" that seem to exist?

Cheers in advance

Scott