Mac UB standalones and OS versions

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:17:49 EDT 2007

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the 2.8.1 engine. Other non-
Rev universal apps I have (installers, for example) run perfectly
fine under 10.2.x. And I'm almost positive that standalones built
with previous Rev engines have run fine for me. I'm going to double
check this though.

Chris

On Jun 1, 2007, at 12:47 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Shari wrote:
>> After a couple of hours of reading old archived posts dating back
>> a couple years I came across one tiny tidbit that may explain why
>> the UB standalone fails to launch on my G-3.
>> Can anyone verify this?  Nowhere in the docs of either Revolution
>> or Metacard could I find a mention of this.  I did a pretty
>> exhaustive search and if the info is out there, it is well hidden.
>> Universal Binaries for Mac only launch on systems OSX 10.3.x and
>> higher...
>> Is this true?
>
> I couldn't find a specific statement in the Apple Developer area,
> but the stuff I did read seems to indicate it is true.
>
> --

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company