Mac UB standalones and OS versions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jun 1 15:01:44 EDT 2007

Just in case anybody else searches the archives with the same
questions, here is the latest update on creating standalones for Mac
OSX prior to 10.3.x.....

I couldn't do it with MC 2.8.1 on my Macintel, even using the PPC
engine.  I couldn't do it with MC 2.8.1 on the G-3, even using the
PPC engine.  I had to launch 2.7.4 on the G-3, and do the build with
it, in order for the standalone to be happy on the G-3 running OS
10.2.8.

So..... I am wondering if there is a bug in v.2.8.1 of MC/Rev
regarding PPC Mac standalones?

>Shari wrote:
>>After a couple of hours of reading old archived posts dating back a
>>couple years I came across one tiny tidbit that may explain why the
>>UB standalone fails to launch on my G-3.
>>
>>Can anyone verify this?  Nowhere in the docs of either Revolution
>>or Metacard could I find a mention of this.  I did a pretty
>>exhaustive search and if the info is out there, it is well hidden.
>>
>>Universal Binaries for Mac only launch on systems OSX 10.3.x and higher...
>>
>>Is this true?

>I couldn't find a specific statement in the Apple Developer area,
>but the stuff I did read seems to indicate it is true.
>
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold