Document Icons...or not?

Mike Hughes hughesmike2 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:14:49 EDT 2007

In the Standalone Application Settings, I selected an icon for the "Document
Icon" area. In my program, I set the fileType to "abcdTEXT" and then save a
file, where "abcd" stands in for my Apple-registered creator code -- the
same creator code that shows up in my plist files.

No matter how many things I tweak or settings I adjust, I cannot get my text
file to adopt the icon that I intended for it.

So I changed the fileType to "abcdABCD" thinking that the text file icon on
the Mac must override my chosen icon. But this time I just get the blank,
default Mac document icon.

Help?

Thanks,

Mike