HTTP PUT and DELETE

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 03:53:21 EDT 2007

On 24 Jul 2007, at 02:48, Mark Smith wrote:

> This is mainly a question for Dave Cragg - apart from a discussion
> a few years ago, I couldn't find anything in the archives, so I'm
> wondering if libUrl supports these Http methods.
>
> I'm trying to write a little S3 client, using the REST api, so it's
> going to need the Put and Delete Http methods, and so I'm hoping
> that LibUrl will do the job - Dave?

A weak answer. Yes, it supports them. But they've never really been
tested. The problem is that so few http servers support PUT and
DELETE. Usually the same functionality is provided using GET or POST
in conjunction with some server side process such as CGI or php.

If you run into trouble, drop a line.

Cheers
Dave