Controlling Rev apps from the command line?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 15:30:10 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07 11:48 AM, "Ian Wood" <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:

> To be honest, the environmental variables part has me stumped (and
> doesn't apply to Windows anyway). I *think* it means that you can set
> the value of globals but it's not totally clear. Some test stacks
> will probably make things clearer.

I guess the basic explanation I can give is that
Rev owns globals, the stacks do not when stacks are run in the development
environment.

Defining a global in stack "testMe", then removing the stack from memory
does not affect the global variable.

Normally, you would do the following in a handler

on openstack
   global gTimeStarted
   put the seconds into gTimeStarted
end openstack

OR

on openstack
put the seconds into $TimeStarted
end openstack
--variables with '$' are automatically Rev globals

HTH

Jim Ault
Las Vegas