Paste into field issue

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 14:38:25 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07 11:23 AM, "Timothy Miller" <gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Jim,
>
> All I can add is that I tried both command-V and "paste" from the
> "Edit" menu. Neither worked.
>
> On the other hand, both worked if I was copying from the Sticky note,
> but neither worked when copying and pasting from the web page.
>
> I wonder if this is the same bug. Maybe Jacque's on the right track,
> with her hidden-uncopyable character on the web page.
>
> I'll continue to mess around with it to see if I can isolate it more
> precisely.

Most likely in your case, Jacque is correct, there is at least one character
that triggers the 'end of data' or something.  This would be the same as a
null char interfering with the 'filter' command (the result will be empty)

Most programs will do clipboard checking and conversion to an acceptable
format, which is the likely scenario with StickyNote.  Remember, clipboard
content can be text, graphics, spreadsheet formulas, charts, a collection of
objects that are not text (or work with a Rev field)

1)  can you put this clipboarddata into a variable?
2)  can you copy the bottom half of the page?
3)  can you copy the top half of the page?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas