Log scales = animation scales?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jul 15 16:17:20 EDT 2007

Recently, David Bovill wrote:

> From a couple of tests you can't fluidly animate more than a very small
> number of objects at the same time. So generating a lista and passing that
> recursively deleting an item each pass may help a little.

By all means, please try it and post your results.  In my experience, if you
have more than few objects moving at the same time, you will get some
slowdown.

> how does RunRev compare performance wise in animating simple controls
> compared to Flash - I know Flash has a lot of nice features and s set up for
> this - but if you just want to animate a button across the screen, or as i
> my case a few pieces of text in fields (changeing there size)... is Flash
> any faster?

Moving one or two objects in Rev is OK, but generally Flash is much faster.
Flash was designed for animation since its beginning.  It treats almost
everything (except bitmaps) as vectors which is probably one of the reasons
for its speed.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director