"words" within quotations, smart quotes v double quotes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 14 21:56:14 EDT 2007

Mark Swindell wrote:
> "How are you?" is considered a single word by Rev.
>
> How are you?  is considered three words by Rev.
>
> Working with text dialog, how would one get Rev to respond to _"How_ as
> the first of three words, _are_ as the second, and _you?"_ as the
> third?  I'm thinking I want to change the double quotes for "smart
> quotes" or curved quotes before acting on the text, but how is that
> handled by Rev?

Replacing the quotes with single or curly quotes will count as a
character and you'll get unusual results (word 1 will be 'How).
Replacing the straight quotes with empty will give you the actual text
string. Or if you want to get fancy:

   put quote & "how are you" & quote into tStr
   put word 2 of the value of word 1 of tStr -- "are"

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com