implicitVars [Was: Re: Best Practices in Rev development]

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Jul 14 21:06:07 EDT 2007

It's just a simplified example Mark - to show the principle. the real world
script was a complex one that searched a stack and added things to an index
when they matched a certain criteria - I removed the local variable
declaration from the script and it started to fail in the cases where no
matches were found.

The principle is that if you use call-by-reference handlers inside repeat
loops they are not automatically initiated and you should implicitly declare
them either by using "local" or "put empty into..." or "put 0 into..."