Need fore speed...

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sat Jul 14 05:49:36 EDT 2007

Rob,

use the filter:
1) Modify your table so that each line starts with line number as the
first item;
2) Copy the original table variable (say it is called myTable) to
tableCopy. Filter modifies contents of variable, so make sure it won't
touch the original data;
3) use the filter like this:
    filter tableCopy with  *2267.10*
4) now all lines that contain anything between 2267.1000 and 2267.1099
are stored in tableCopy
5) as these lines contain line numbers too (that's what step 1 was used
for), now you can cycle through the 1st item of each line in the result
and find line numbers of the original data that matched the criteria:

set the itemdelimiter to tab
repeat for each line myFilteredLine in tableCopy
    put item 1 of myFilteredLine into lineNo
    put line lineNo of myTable into varModifiedLine
        #modify varModifiedLine contents here
    put varModifiedLine into line lineNo of myTable
end repeat

6) you can put multiple obsMass values and corresponding modifications
into a variable (e.g. varObsMass) as tab delimited list:
*2267.10*   modified_string_1
*2267.11*   modified_string_2
*2271.16*   modified_string_n

and then cycle through each pair of pepMass value and a corresponding
modification string:

set the itemdelimiter to tab
repeat for each line myConstraintsLine in varObsMass
    put item 1 of myConstraintsLine into varConstraint
    put item 2 of myConstraintsLine into varModifiedLine
    put myTable into tableCopy
    filter newVar with varConstraint

    repeat for each line myFilteredLine in tableCopy
        put item 1 of myFilteredLine into lineNo
        put varModifiedLine into line lineNo of myTable
    end repeat

end repeat

Best wishes!
Viktoras