Need fore speed...

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Jul 14 05:34:24 EDT 2007

Ron,

Untested, but I believe you need something like the following:

function findmatches theData,theNumber,theTolerance
   put char 1 to -2 of theNumber into myTempNr
   filter theData with "|*" & tab & "*" & tab & myTempNr & "*" & tab
   set the itemDel to tab
   repeat for each line myLine in theData
     if (item 3 of myLine >= theNumber - theTolerance) and \
     (item 3 of myLine <= theNumber + theTolerance) then
     put myLine & cr after myNewData
   end repeat
   return myNewData
end findMatches

I didn't see any brackets in your e-mail, but I did see a "|" at the
beginning of each line. Maybe you need to adjust the script for that.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http;//www.salery.com

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 14-jul-2007, om 9:32 heeft Beynon, Rob het volgende geschreven: