OT - Save the Mac Mini

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 11:27:19 EDT 2007

Chipp,
I too have had "issues" with Apple hardware (most notably, replacing the
screen on this 17" laptop). But in the last two months I updated three companies
who were still using all of the hardware I installed for them a decade ago.
Another customer refuses to give up his 18 year old ImageWriter printer. Of
course these are isolated examples and don't prove anything.
Consumer Reports has, for the last three years, said Apple had the most
repair-free hardware (especially the desktops) and the best tech support - this
based on reader surveys.
Paul Looney

PS I'm not sure MTBF HAS increased. Seems that HDs fail more frequently, RAM
failure was never an issue for me until about five years ago, the old
keyboards would last forever but some of the new ones are unusable after a year or so
of hard use.
PPS The Asus' Eee PC 701 looks interesting as long as it doesn't cost more
than an iPhone.