A script question

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Thu Jul 12 19:58:06 EDT 2007

I have tried to use the following script to clear fields but I am getting a
weird error message in the script editor:
chunk: no such object
file
put empty into field tName

This is weird because field tName is a variable.

Here is the script:

put "name2,examier2,vsmiFld,vsmiFld2,ci1,vsmiFld3,vsmiFld5,vsmiFld4" into
tNames
REPEAT for each item tName in tNames -- Clears all fields
put empty into field tName
END REPEAT

I don't have to use this script but I hate to empty the fields the long way:

put empty into field "name2" of card "index"
put empty into field "examiner2" of card "index"
put empty into field "vmiFld" of card "Index"

etc.

Can anyone tell me why repeat script does not work?