FTP and HTTP resume?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 10:45:45 EDT 2007

On 11 Jul 2007, at 14:52, Andre Garzia wrote:

> David,
> for the FTP Resume is not that hard if you use your own socket
> commands,
> instead of using RETR to get the file you use REST (I think) and
> pass the
> offset as a parameter. The server will proceed just like RETR but
> will start
> sending from the offset.

You need to issue the REST command (with the offset as parameter)
immediately before you issue the RETR command. Unfortunately, using
libUrlFtpCommand to isse the REST command won't work as the
subsequent "get" will cause a whole sequence of commands to be
issued, thus separating the REST from the RETR.

Cheers
Dave