launch app from browser

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue Jul 10 14:18:41 EDT 2007

>Quick, easy question;
>
>I need to launch a standalone from within a web browser,

Why?

>  but I know absolutely zero html etc.

well it's simple... play around with the OS cross-platform NVU and
switch back and forth between compose and HTML. you'll learn quickly
and can hack it right there. It's a lot easier to use a GUI. It also
uploads to web servers.
http://www.nvu.com/download.php

here's a starter, but an absolute or relative location on the (I
assume) local drive has to be specified.

<head>
  http-equiv="content-type">
<title>THIS IS A LINK PAGE, dude</title>
</head>
Download file

watch for line wraps in email.
this will not work on a server, by the way.