SpecialFolderPath(26) on Vista

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jul 10 10:55:45 EDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:39:52 +0200, Signe Marie Sanne wrote:

> Has anybody any experience with writing files to this folder on
> Vista? Will it still be open, or do I have to write the files to
> another folder? What about c:/temp?

SpecialFolderPath(26) is perfectly fine to write to on Vista - This is
the user-specific "Application Data" folder, so since it's
user-specific, it is completely writeable. I've used this already on a
Vista project with both Admin and non-admin users, as well as those
that have UAC on and off and you're good to go.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/