Problem when filling first line of a field with a text variable

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Jul 10 08:05:41 EDT 2007

Thanks to Malte, Éric and Jim for their answers.

To Malte :
> does
>
> put thisText into line 1 of fld “thisField” of stack "stackTwo"
>
> work instead of going there?

No, this works not better.

To Éric and Jim :
Sorry, my message was not enough precise : In my script, actually, I
have the correct syntax :  go to stack "stackTwo"
More precisely, the name "stackTwo" is in a variable (say vstackTwo),
so that I write : go to stack vStackTwo

and I know that it goes there ; the fleld of stack "stackTwo" is
actually filled, but infortunately without line 1 of the text I put
in the variable.

My feeling is that I have made this a lot of times without any
problem, so I am completely lost facing such an issue.
I am sure I am on the right stack when I ask to put the variable in
the field
I am sure the complete text is in the variable theText as I test it
just before with "put thisText" that returns the complete text in the
message box

But anyway, the field is filled by the text without its first line !

If I do exactly the same thing (in the same stack, the same field
etc.) via the message box, it works normally !!!!!

I am loosing hope (first time I encounter such an enigma)

Best regards from Grenoble
André

Le 10 juil. 07 à 12:15, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour André,
>
> I tried the following:
>
> on mouseUp
>   local ThisText
>   -----
>   put "a,b,c" into ThisText
>   replace comma with cr in ThisText
Well, the lineDel is already cr in the text I am putting in my
variable thisText
>   go to stack "StackTwo"
>   put ThisText into line 1 of fld "ThisField"
> end mouseUp
>
> And it worked as expected.
> The only thing I notice in your script is that you write:
> go to StackTwo
> And that's not correct syntax :-)
As for that, my post was not correct, not my script ; I apologise