Problem when filling first line of a field with a text variable

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Jul 10 05:56:49 EDT 2007

Hi,
After hours of unsuccessfull trials to understand where I am making a
mistake I make up my mind to ask for help

If I summarize my script :
I have two stacks : stackOne and stackTwo
In the script of a button in stackOne

I put a text of several lines in a variable, say, thisText

then the script continues with :

go to stackTwo --where I have a field “thisField”
put thisText -- to confirm the text is in the variable
put thisText into line 1 of fld “thisField”

Invariably, I get the full text thisText in the message box – as
expected
but, in fld “thisField” , unexpectedly, the first line of thisText is
not written in the fld thisField ; the first line of thisField is empty,
only the following lines (2, 3 etc.) are visible

After a lot of hypotheses and checkings I am out of ideas

Please, any assumption on what am I missing ?
Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards from Grenoble
André