Can't open my Norton Ghost backup

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sat Jul 7 14:28:46 EDT 2007

Hi Derek,

The fbf files are "file backup format" files... these are not the usual disk
image backups but rather individual files backed up in a proprietary
compressed format.

Newer versions of Ghost and Norton Backup & Restore create .fbf files when
you are doing *file* backups of directories on your system.

The way to get them back is to install Windows, then install Norton Ghost.
Once within Ghost you should be able to restore the files by pointing it at
the volume/folder where they are stored.

I have Norton Backup & Restore (not Norton Ghost) so I can't tell you the
precise steps to restore them. Hopefully the idea they're file backups not
disk images should help.

"Derek Bump" <list at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote
in message news:468FA4CE.9090600 at dreamscapesoftware.com...