Starting at square one with image processing

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jul 5 19:42:10 EDT 2007

Jim,

imageData is a pixel-by-pixel property. Pixels are read in rows
across and then down.

Each pixel is 4 characters long: alpha, red, green, and blue.

So for example, a white pixel would be 0,255,255,255
A black pixel would be 0,0,0,0
A red pixel: 0,255,0,0
A 50% transparent pixel: 127, red, green, blue

And so on and so forth.

Notice the black pixel - it IS a string of zeros. You might try
changing it to a red line to illuminate the difference, but that's
why you are seeing so many zeros!

HTH,
Brian