Sorting Trouble

Blair Morrissey blairmorrissey at mac.com
Thu Jul 5 17:26:05 EDT 2007

Hi
About once a year I get to do some transcripting.
That speaks to my (in)ability.

I lack knowledge of both user group protocol and transcript. Sorry!

THE PROBLEM:
When the line and item delimiters are respectively '|' and tab,
I cannot get either of the following to work as I want:

sort lines of kdata ascending numeric by last item of each

sort lines of fld "f3" ascending numeric by last item of each

I have the script check (prior to the above) that the last
item of each line is numeric.

Other uses of kdata using the non-standard delimiters work well.

Thanks in advance,

Blair M.