What I did with Rev last month

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed Jul 4 19:20:45 EDT 2007

Stephen,

Does this mean that we can extract info from a MacDraft DXF export
with Rev? I've never tried anything like that, but I can see that
properly drawn and annotated MacDraft documents might be used to
create bills of materials if that is true. I know MD has a bunch of
features I've never explored, but didn't know this might be one of
them. Not sure even how I might proceed. From the standpoint of ease
of use and even output, so long as you don't mind being limited to
2D, MD is far superior to AC. IMO, of course.

A very long time ago, I started creating some HC stacks that could be
used for the description of a project so that data could be used to
generate everything else; meaning that no actual drawing had to be
done. It could all be done via specifications and the like; but I
never got beyond that point. I was saving all the data as text files
and resources and hoped to use it within a language such as Future
Basic, which was extremely fast and not difficult, but by the time I
got that far Apple took us into OSX and dropped support for HC and
never really developed color support. I got discouraged, but I've not
given up. If I can just figure out how to do all this drawing using
Rev, but that doesn't look too promising from what I've seen.

Thanks for your continued info.

Joe Wilkins