Automatic mail send (RevMail?)

Beynon, Rob R.Beynon at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Jul 2 13:29:34 EDT 2007

HI All,

I'm writing an instrument error reporting application and I'd like the bug report page to automatically send an email, via our smtp/imap mail server, to a recipient. I understand that revMail invokes a client, but because these machines aren't set up for email, this is inconvenient.

Any ideas about sending an email automatically? (I will program the entire content, including the body in plain text).

Is there a PC shell command that I could use that could be called to automate the process?

Thanks in advance

Rob

________________________________

Prof R J Beynon[h]
Proteomics and Functional Genomics Group
Faculty of Veterinary Science
University of Liverpool
Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ

Phone: +44 151 794 4312

Fax: +44 151 794 4243

Email: r.beynon at liv.ac.uk

http://www.liv.ac.uk/pfg

This email was sent on Mon, 02 Jul, 2007 at 6:29 PM.