[OT] iPhone anyone?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jul 2 09:34:06 EDT 2007

What I always wanted was a phone that exposed itself in some sane API for
some lightweight language such as lisp or forth.
For example, here in Brazil you have your phone number as a 8 digits phone.
If you're on a different state (or city) you need to put the 2 digits DDD
(distance direct call) for your city in front of those 8 numbers and since
we have more than one carrier for landlines you also need to put the 2
digits code of the carrier you want to use.

So whenever I travel for example to são paulo, my home phone which is
26095048 becomes something like 01121-26095048, now, all my numbers in my
contact list don't have that prefix, if the damn phone exposed some API I
could code a 'add prefix to all numbers' function or something like that.

There's no limit what an open architecture can do. Almost all Richards wants
below are resolved if the iPhone had an open API and one single USB port for
missing hardware. Presto! All your GPS, sat phone, anything needs are thus
solved, just take code and some new pcbs.

andre