[OT] iPhone anyone?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jul 1 23:02:05 EDT 2007

No iPhone for me.  I'm holding out for a device with:

- Phone
- Still camera (5mpx or greater
- Video (HD)
- Voice recorder
- MP3/OGG player
- GPS
- AM, FM, NOAA/weather band, and most importantly Shortwave radio
- Internet/web/email
- Optional satellite phone service module
- OPEN ARCHITECTURE so I can write my own programs for it

All of these technologies are available cheaply enough right now, but
they require a Batman utility belt to wear them all.

I don't think it's too much to ask to have all of these in one device
for under $500, which is about what it costs to replicate parts buying
these separately today (well, except for the sat. phone, which is still
way overpriced right now).

When such a device appears, it'll rule the world.

PS: I can't help but ask if anyone noticed that the iPhone UI has no
menu bar at all?  :)   Hmmmm....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation