AW: The Art of Dissolving Splash Screens

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jul 1 19:43:59 EDT 2007

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> One of the neatest features of working with the splash screen method is
> that in MacOSX, you can create the splash screen standalone once, and
> from then on one can work in the IDE with the code INSIDE the standalone
> package.

This is interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
Max OSX package, right?

1) What exactly is the code "inside" the standalone package that
you can edit in the IDE?

2) Don't you mean that you keep a *.rev stack which you work with
in the IDE and then rebuild as a stand alone each time?

3) Or do you mean that you can actually open stuff inside the
executable?  I can see how this mgith work on the mac if you has
stack file included in the application bundle. But then how would
you re-output those for Windows if you were in buildng a cross platform
app?

> Add, subtract stacks at will, and all the paths will stay the same, too.
> The only downside I have with it is that backup software will look at
> the package date, not the date of stack files within the package. So the
> stack files inside need their own system of backup.
>
> You can even test the standalone package as an app, while at the same
> time the same files are standing by inside the IDE. (I do quit the
> standalone for code editing) This is the fastest
> compile-run-test-change-compile turnaround in the business, bar none.
>
> With all due respect to Chipp, I really like the Mac application package
> system. You can put EVERYTHING you need in one, nice, clean package.
> Stacks, sounds, picture files, movie files, everything.

-

Sivakatirswami