[OT] iPhone anyone?
chipp at chipp.com
Sun Jul 1 00:42:50 CDT 2007
Another follow-up on the iPhone:
Some more Positives:
- Keyboard becomes larger when in landscape mode--but only in Safari
- Has a small external speaker so you can hear YouTube videos
- Apple says software updates will be free
- Most people claim the battery is pretty good
And some more negatives:
- Safari can't render pages with embedded Flash, and doesn't work with
some other web based technologies
- Can only use Apple's available ringtones-- Can't import your own
- No copy/paste of any kind from any app
- No bluetooth hookup for your car. Bluetooth is ONLY good for
connecting a headset. That's it. No printer support.
- Need an adapter for most 3rd party headphones because of recessed
- Battery good for only 400 charges, then you have to return the phone
to Apple (what do you do for a phone while it's getting a new battery
- No file browser whatsoever
- Camera for Dummies. No settings for the camera at all. Just a
- No Speed Dialing (where you press and hold a number for a couple of
seconds and the phone dials)
- No Voice Dialing
- Making a call, can take as many as six steps: wake the phone, unlock
its buttons, summon the Home screen, open the Phone program, view the Recent
Calls or favorites list and select a name.
- No Games. None.
More information about the use-livecode