Zipping files

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 06:28:51 EST 2007

Hiya,

If you're on OS X run Activity Viewer with a few test files.
On Win XP use the Performance app in Control Panel/Administrative Tools
and do the same.

 From what I recall their RAM use is basically the same, the only
bugbear is whether you are decompressing a large single file or lots of
small files (which add to approximately the same size as the single
file). Lots of small files tend to cane the hard disk most, the
processor hit it marginally greater.

Cheers,

Luis.