Zipping files

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Jan 31 00:45:05 EST 2007

Jacque,

I don't have a direct answer for you, but I can throw one more
alternative in the bucket. If you're doing this under MacOS, you can
always use the command-line "gzip" utility through shell(). It's
possible this would be more memory efficient than Rev's internal
commands, although it also might not be =).

With a little shell() shenanigans, it might also allow for
asynchronous work in Rev.

HTH

- Brian