U3 questions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 30 12:43:45 EST 2007

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> There is some important information in the "What's New" files that
> come with Revolution.

Thanks.  I did some sleuthing and turned up the PDF with the details:

  <installfolder>/Resources/Examples/U3 Documentation.pdf

> You handle the u3Eject message in the startUp handler, which is sent
> to your standalone together with a parameter.

I don't understand.  If I'm responding to the startup message, how does
one also respond to u3eject within that handler? :\

In practice though think we're okay on that one, since my original hunch
that u3eject is of limited value seems to be the case.

New question:

It wasn't clear from the docs how I could get my app to auto-launch
instead of U3's launcher app.

Is there a way to do that?

If I'm required to make my own custom-built drive to do that I may not
bother with U3 at all, since we also need Mac and Linux support as well
and the complications of U3 may not be worth it just to get auto-launch
on one platform.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation