In standalone, closing a modal closes everything

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jan 30 11:57:25 EST 2007

Mark,
On Jan 30, 2007, at 4:46 AM, Mark Powell wrote:

> Here is a distillation of my problem.  From my main stack, I call a
> stack with
>
>    modal stack "MyAnswerDialog"
>
> On that modal stack, there is an OK button with the script ending with
>
>    close this stack
>
> In the development environment, the modal is closed as expected and
> you
> return to the main stack.  As an executable, clicking the OK button
> quits the application (i.e. OK closes both main and modal stacks).
> I am
> using Rev 2.7.2.   Am I doing something wrong?  I could have sworn
> this
> has worked in the past.

If you use the following, does it still happen in the standalone:

   close stack "MyAnswerDialog"

?

I'm wondering if, for some reason, the closeStack message is being
sent up the hierarchy when running in standalone mode. In other
words, maybe "close this stack" is being executed by the mainstack
(the engine in the standalone.)

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University