Simply way to launch a PDF document

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sun Jan 28 17:24:00 EST 2007

I know that a lot of people use the shell() method of launching
documents, but what about the transcript method:

    launch document "path/to/file.pdf"

Both methods will result in the document being opened with a designated
program.  Additionally, the launch command allows you to launch web
sites before the common library (where revGoURL is located) has been loaded.

So is there any advantage of one over the other?  Launch vs. Shell()?
Launch vs. RevGoURL?

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/