limitation on vScroll?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 25 17:19:25 EST 2007

On Jan 25, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Josh Mellicker wrote:

> I have a large scrolling group.
>
> If I set the vScroll of this group to 32780 (or any smaller
> number), no problem, works perfectly.
>
> If I set the vScroll of this group to 32781 (or any higher number),
> the vScroll is set to zero (and the group scroll jumps to the top).
>
> Not sure if this has anything to do with the below, just thought
> I'd include it in the off chance...
>
> So, anyone know wat up?

Yep, groups won't scroll beyond that number.  It's a limitation in
the engine design.  What I have done in the past is split my groups
up into smaller segments and use code to scroll them in the proper
order.

So if you split your group up into two segments then you would scroll
group 1 using a scroll bar control.  As the right edge of group 1
entered the viewable area you would start scrolling group 2 along
with it so that it appeared you had one big scrolling group.  Kind of
a bummer.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com