Load and stacks...

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Mon Jan 22 11:39:50 EST 2007

On 21/01/07, Dave Cragg <dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk> wrote:

You could use libUrlDownloadToFile to do an asynchronous load
> directly to a file instead of the cache. Or in the callback message
> for load, save the url to a local file. For example:
>
> load url myUrl with message "loaded"
>
> on loaded pUrl, pStatus
>    if pStatus = "cached" then
>      put url pUrl into url ("binfile:" & pathToLocalFile)
>    end if
>    unload url pUrl
> end loaded

Ah - thanks that should work. NB as "libUrlDownloadToFile" uses "ftp" rather
than "http" which "load" uses... I am wondering which is the faster and most
reliable method? I"ve never really trusted ftp and prefer to use http
whenever possible - but is that an unfounded prejudice? Is http faster? Are
there any differences in terms of firewalls? I am thinking in cases where
you control both the http web server and the ftp server.