[OT] mac help needed

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Mon Jan 22 05:12:10 EST 2007

Quoting Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>:

> Hi Bob,

Hi Mark

> Is the PowerBook running Mac OS X or Mac OS 9? What does "it won't
> run" mean exactly, does it do anything at all, like starting up and
> quitting immediately? You should be able to copy the entire hard
> disk, but it won't help if you don't run it on exactly the same
> machine, because the system software will run on the same type of
> iMac only. (If you decide to copy the hard disk over the network,

The powerbook is a new one and runs OSX but he as the classic environment as
well.

When you double click on the app icon it wont run. He is not in  yet so I'll
check the fine details with him.

> don't copy more than 2 Gig at a time). Normally, Mac programmes are
> not "path specific", but there may be safety measures built into the
> application, making it path-specific.

This is quite an expensive app so it is probably secured in some way. My app
(statview) is a cut down version and cost about $450 so his app is, no doubt,
protected.

I just thought of something.

Could he run it from the powerbook in classic mode via appletalk. I remember
years ago running apps on my powerbook that was on another machines HD?

Is this possible from classic to OS9.2?

More later
Bob