[OT] mac help needed

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Jan 22 05:00:55 EST 2007

Hi Bob,

Is the PowerBook running Mac OS X or Mac OS 9? What does "it won't
run" mean exactly, does it do anything at all, like starting up and
quitting immediately? You should be able to copy the entire hard
disk, but it won't help if you don't run it on exactly the same
machine, because the system software will run on the same type of
iMac only. (If you decide to copy the hard disk over the network,
don't copy more than 2 Gig at a time). Normally, Mac programmes are
not "path specific", but there may be safety measures built into the
application, making it path-specific.

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk