Printing question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Jan 21 15:07:06 EST 2007

At 12:57 PM -0500 1/21/2007, Charles Szasz wrote:
>I have been using Dan Shafer's excellent book on printing has help
>me a great deal iwith my project. But I have a question. I have
>three cards that I want to print. Each card has a button that has to
>be hidden and one card has a group three radio buttons that have to
>be hidden. I am using lock screen and unlock screen with the hide
>and show commands to hide the buttons and radio buttons. Here is my
>question, how do I incorporate printing each card with different
>elements to be hidden and shown in the printing script that is in
>one print button?

If I understand your question right, you want to print all three cards (with the controls correctly hidden) in a single print job - is that right?

You can do this by using open printing and close printing:

  open printing -- optionally add "with dialog" if you want the print dialog box
  hide button "Unprintable" of card 1
  print card 1
  show button "Unprintable" of card 1
  hide button "Dont Print Me" of card 2
  print card 2
  show button "Dont Print Me" of card 2
  hide button "Please no pictures" of card 3
  hide group "Eek!" of card 3
  print card 3
  show group "Eek!" of card 3
  show button "Please no pictures" of card 3
  close printing -- prints all three cards
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com