Is this a bug?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Jan 20 19:45:08 EST 2007

On 20 Jan 2007, at 20:23, Mark Wieder wrote:

>> 'avoid time wasting confusion', then why even allow controls or
>> objects with
>> the same name?
>
> Yep - this has bothered me for a long time, too. I'd certainly support
> a referendum to disallow objects with the same name,

I assume any restriction on duplicate names would only apply at the
same level within an object. Otherwise we'd have trouble with re-
usable widgets made of grouped objects. For example, two "table
widgets" on the same card should be named differently, but presumably
not their component fields/buttons/sub-groups/etc. I.e. both tables
can have buttons named "header".

Dave