Drag-Scrolling

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jan 20 14:35:38 EST 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:02:49 -0800, Scott Morrow wrote:

>  As an alternative to grabbing the scroll bars of the group I would
> like to be able to scroll a group of objects by clicking in the
> middle of the group and dragging.  This hadn't seemed like it should
> be that tricky but I'm bumping my head.  Any suggestions?

Well, the first thing to know is that if you click in an area of the
group that doesn't contain any other objects, you won't get the
mouseDown event you want trap. So my suggestion would be to create a
button or graphic that matches your background color and put it behind
everything else in the group so you can trap the event.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/