Physical Screen Size

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 09:52:20 EST 2007

If you *have* to have the physical dimensions, remember that some of
the odder screen resolution settings don't have the same vertical and
horizontal pixels per inch, so the user will need to measure in both
directions.
Rather than asking the user to measure an object (and enter the
measurement) it might be easier to vary the size of the object to
match a ruler, i.e. "please line the ruler up with the left end of
the bar, and drag the right end of the bar until it reaches the 10cm
mark on the ruler".

I don't know of ANY other way to find out the physical dimensions,
even Apple don't manage it on their own hardware.

Ian