Common writable folders

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 15:10:50 EST 2007

On 1/18/07 11:41 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Thanks. It's the space in "Application Support" that is causing the
> trouble. I ran it in the Applescript editor and it really doesn't like
> my file path. If I use slashes, it complains and won't compile. If I use
> colons, it puts out two errors:
>
>   No such file or directory ":Library:Application:"
>   No such file or directory "Support:myFolder:"
>
> Blech.

You might try the form:

alias "path:folder:file"  -- in quotes for Applescript syntax
------- test 1 ------------------
In the script editor, do a new script one-liner

set daFile to choose file "Please make your click count"
You will see the result is the form the AScript likes
------- test 2 ------------------
To do this from a Rev script

put quote into q
answer file "Make it count"
if it is empty then exit to top
put revMacFromUnixPath(it) into FName

get "tell application "&q&"Finder"&q &cr
get it &"return the modification date of alias "
get it & q&FName&q &cr
get it & "end tell"

do (it) as AppleScript