Common writable folders

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 18 14:41:09 EST 2007

Chris Sheffield wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2007, at 11:35 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> Where are you indicating it should be executed as applescript?
>>
>> Could I see a sample of your entire command sequence? The above isn't
>> accepted by Rev as-is.
>

> Oops, sorry about that. I do have it set to run as applescript. I just
> forgot to add that in my email. So my whole line of code, without
> putting the command in a variable, would be something like:
>
> do "do shell script" && quote & "chmod 755 /myfolder/myfile" & quote &&
> "with administrator privileges" as AppleScript
>

> As I said before, I'm doing this on a single file, not on a folder. And
> my path does not contain any spaces.

Thanks. It's the space in "Application Support" that is causing the
trouble. I ran it in the Applescript editor and it really doesn't like
my file path. If I use slashes, it complains and won't compile. If I use
colons, it puts out two errors:

  No such file or directory ":Library:Application:"
  No such file or directory "Support:myFolder:"

Blech.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com