SFTP

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Thu Jan 18 05:02:20 EST 2007

Hello,

I once had to make a solution in ssh putting generated data from one server to another using ssh (about 2002).
We used a win server and had to connect to a linux server.
This solution works with any win client and a server with openssh or another ssh solution able to use ppk files and was last tested about 2 years ago. Perhaps the security standards concerning ssh have changed ...

We used the putty programs
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
PSFTP (an SFTP client
you can use by the commandline (shell) with batchfiles

steps:
0. create a security key using PuTTYgen (an RSA and DSA key generation utility) and put it on the sftp-server for authentication. Make one connection with psftp to this server by hand and approve the first time the feeddback question concerning the connection "Do you know the server xyz.target.com and approve ...". Than this ssh-connection can be further used in batchprocesses also.
1. write a batchfile out of runrev
2. write a commandfile out of runrev with the commands in f.e. "c:\batchparameter.txt"
(f.e.
"
cd client
cd year2007
put fileA.txt
get filefromServerA
put xyzA.pdf" like you would do with any oldfashioned commandline ftp-client).

3. run this batchfile using the shell command (blocking) or the launch command or shell("start " & batchfile) (nonblocking).

shell("psftp -batch -bc -b c:\batchparameter.txt -P 1234 -i c:\admin\ssh\dsa.ppk mylogin at xyz.target.com")

Somewhat tricky but when properly set up working very stable. And you can use the commandline (shell) from any program which needs to connect to the server by ssh using port 1234.

Regards, Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch

boehmisch at animabit.de