Will revOpenDatabase work in a shared-hosting environment

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 11:14:42 EST 2007

I'm having a rough time getting revOpenDatabase to work on a mySQL database
that I am presently hosting at www.simplehost.com.   I've checked the ports on
simplehost, and they claim that the port is 3306 for mySQL.   I've written
lots of php scripts which successfully pull data from the database locally on the
server.   It's just the standalong application in Rev that's the roadblock at
the moment.   I've even downloaded the excellent MySQL tests demo, and it's
not connecting either.

The only variables I can think of that might be causing problems:

1)   simplehost.com is blocking access from the outside
2)   perhaps I need to try the SSL settings
3)   perhaps it's something I'm doing wrong in the way I'm passing data into
the revOpenDatabase command

Partially, I don't trust my ISP, but partially, I don't trust me either - - -
any help is greatly appreciated

revOpenDatabase("MySQL","www.simplehost.com","mytestDB',robtest,<pass>)