OT: SSH on OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 16 17:36:13 EST 2007

Brent Anderson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using either Hamachi or a VPN should be all you need to connect any
> group of computers across the internet for any service, including VNC.

I was just looking at Hamachi but it is pretty much Windows-only. They
say you can compile it for Linux and OS X but that's beyond me.

Meanwhile, I am finding that I can ssh over the local network only to
one machine. Attempts to connect to any other local machine are denied
(they all have port 22 open on their firewalls.) I thought that if I was
using local IPs (for example, ssh user at 192.168.0.6) that the router
would allow traffic to pass anywhere inside the LAN. But it isn't
working that way. I can ssh only to the computer that is receiving the
port forward from the router. Is that correct behavior? Is it supposed
to forward all traffic on port 22 from both the LAN and the WAN?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com