OT: lost everything, macbook and its HD broken.

James Richards jamesjrichards at lineone.net
Tue Jan 16 10:17:07 EST 2007

Andre

This worked for my iBook too and is a cheap and easy diy solution if
the actual drive and mechanism is OK.  If there is a problem with the
drive itself, and *no other means of recovery is open to you* then you
may have nothing to lose by disassembling (or getting someone else to
disassemble) the HD itself and transferring its platters to another
mechanism. This is a high risk last resort strategy for the point at
which you are already regarding the data as lost. Google under
'disassemble hard drive'.

Best of luck

James
--